Sharaka is a Partnership Alliance which was conceived by the Arabia CSR Network during the Arabia CSR Forum 2014 held on October 28th 2014.The idea rose during a discussion in one of the Plenary Sessions revolving on Public Private Partnerships as an imperative for the way forward for sustainable development in the Arab world and beyond. Further to this, a multi-stakeholder platform in the Arab world is required to catalyse, support and document effective partnerships using an evidence-based and multi-stakeholder consultation approach. Given Arabia CSR Network’s pioneering position and history in shaping the Arab region’s sustainability landscape, it is the most suitable candidate for the role. ACSRN has extensive insight and a wide database of Partnerships implemented by private and public organisations across the Arab world who applied for the Arabia CSR Awards. These factors coupled with ACSRN’s deep indigenous knowledge of the region’s sustainability developments and extensive network of experts has positioned it as an ideal custodian of Sharaka.
- To promote the concept of partnerships and collaborations as an effective sustainability tool
- To build capacity on effective partnerships
- To provide research and analysis based on ACSRN’s extensive database
- To create an open platform (website) where prospective partners can post partnership information and match resource and technical requirements
- To support national strategies geared towards sustainable development
- To support the Sustainable Development Goals through effective collaborations
- To catalyze and support partnership actions through providing advisory services and linking like-minded partners with similar sustainable development focus areas
What is Sharaka?
- A multi-lateral platform, under the umbrella of Arabia CSR Network
- Open to public, private, NGO’s, NPO’s, Social Enterprises, business associations, universities and research institutions etc.
- Regional Scope: Organisations operating in the Arab world or with subsidiaries, branches, partners operating in the region
- Service based platform, not involved in project implementation
- Social Enterprise
- Youth Empowerment
- Women Empowerment
- Sustainable Consumption and Production